Instructions for Patients
©2001 SQUIGLE, Inc.
last revision Aug 6, 2001
These instructions are provided as a guide to patients
who have been diagnosed by a physician or dentist.
These Instructions have been created after hundreds of hours of discussions
with patients and dentists. They are not meant to be rigid and unchanging.
Of course, we hope they work for you. But if they don't, please contact
SQUIGLE, Inc. toll-free at 1-877-718-0718 (9 am to 5 pm, EST).
- This is crucial: Use Enamel Saver® Toothpaste exclusively.
Patented Enamel Saver is free of SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) and
other irritating ingredients. The flavor is mild to prevent irritation
of delicate tissues. Enamel Saver® has 36% Xylitol
to prevent plaque and cavities better than regular toothpaste.
Clinical trials show Enamel Saver prevents gum disease and improves
the condition of gum disease sufferers.
- Don't use mouthwash.
- Floss at least once a day, before you brush. Use unwaxed floss.
If your teeth are closely spaced, use Glide® floss.
- Use a small headed, soft bristled brush. Apply Enamel Saver®
along the full length of your toothbrush. Brush for 2 minutes.
When you are done brushing, gently brush your tongue
(especially the back), the inside of your cheeks, and the roof
of your mouth. Then rinse.
- Chew an ultrahigh xylitol gum such as Xylichew® or Clen-Dent®,
preferably fruit flavor (not cinnamon or spearmint).
- Don't use candy or breath mints, especially cinnamon or spearmint.
- Don't smoke or use tobacco in any form.
- A short course of antibiotic therapy is OK.
- Take a multivitamin + multimineral daily, after a meal.
(Twinlabs Daily One® is OK). In addition, take 500 mg to
1000 mg vitamin C daily.
- Get sufficient rest each night.