Instructions for Patients
©2001 SQUIGLE, Inc.
last revision Aug 6, 2001
These instructions are provided as a guide to patients who have
been diagnosed by a physician or dentist. These Instructions have
been created after hundreds of hours of discussions with patients
and physicians. They are not meant to be rigid and unchanging. Of
course, we hope they work for you. But If they don't, please contact
SQUIGLE, Inc. toll-free at 1-877-718-0718 (9 am to 5 pm, EST).
- This is crucial: Use Enamel Saver® Toothpaste exclusively.
Patented Enamel Saver is free of SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) and
other irritating ingredients. The flavor is mild, to prevent irritation
of delicate tissues. Enamel Saver® has 36% Xylitol
to prevent plaque and cavities better than regular toothpaste.
- Don't use mouthwash.
- Floss at least once a day, before you brush. Use unwaxed floss.
If your teeth are closely spaced, use Glide® floss.
- No chewing gum--especially no cinnamon or spearmint.
- Don't use candy or breath mints, especially cinnamon or spearmint.
- Don't smoke or use tobacco in any form.
- Instead of soap, use Aveeno® Balancing Bar for Combination
Skin to clean your face twice a day.
- Change your washcloth at least every 2 days. Use a separate
towel to dry your face and hair, and change it at least once a
- To shampoo your hair use:
- 1st choice: Aubrey® Natural Baby & Kids Shampoo available
in Fresh Fields, Whole Foods, etc.
- 2nd choice: Traité® Moisturizing Creme Shampoo distributed
by Mastey (Valencia, CA 91355), available in hair salons and
beauty supply stores.
- Don't use makeup. Keep your hands away
from your face. If your face itches, take a short course of antibiotic
- Wash your sheets and pillowcases once a week. Wash your blankets
once a month.
- A short course of topical cortisone or other steroids, sparingly
applied, is OK.
- Take oral tetracycline for two weeks. Then wait two weeks,
and try a short course of clindamycin (topical antibiotic).
- Take a multivitamin + multimineral daily, after a meal.
(Twinlabs Daily One® is OK). In addition, take 500 mg to
1000 mg vitamin C daily.
- Get sufficient rest each night.